If you are wrongfully injured due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to claim compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the guilty party.
Whether you have suffered bona fide injuries due to a slip and fall, auto accident, workplace accident, dog attack, medical negligence or any other type of accident, you can always count on a District of Columbia personal injury legal counselor to make sure you get the most of your claim whether you settle out of court or take the case to trial.
According to statistics, almost eight out of every ten personal injury cases do not go to trial. This indicates that both parties tend to reach an agreement without getting into any legal complexities.
Depending on several factors your attorney will weigh the pros and cons of filing a lawsuit or settling out of court. Whatever the decision you can rest assured that your legal pro will work in your best interests and you will find one right here at USAttorneys.com. This website has brought salvation to thousands of people over the years by allowing them to secure the legal help they desperately needed.
Here’s what our legal counselors suggest you do if you or a loved one is a victim of any type of accident.
- To begin with, it is vital to communicate the accident in writing with your insurance company. This is a wonderful way to document all the necessary evidence that can be referred to at any time.
- Make sure you give a detailed medical account to the insurance company but do not release any medical records to them without your legal professional’s approval.
- Take photographs and video recordings of your injury, and inform the insurance company that you are in possession of such evidence.
- Make a record of events leading up to the accident.
- Make a note of the names and addresses of any witnesses. It is critical to remain in contact with witnesses and those that figured in the accident. This will help strengthen your case. Seek an expert’s opinion to support your claim, who may eventually testify on your behalf. However, keep this a closely guarded secret unless there is a disruption in negotiations.
- When making a monetary demand, make sure to consider all the factors involved and the financial repercussions of the injury. Your initial demand ought to be twice as much as you are willing to accept as a fair settlement.
- A statute of limitation exists in all states, so make sure you are well within the limit to file a lawsuit. According to D.C. Code § 12-301(8) (2016), the deadline is 3 years for personal injury cases in the state.
- Carefully retain all police reports, medical bills, specialist bills, x-rays, and other medical tests that relate to your recovery. Your doctor’s medical report is the most crucial evidence that will substantiate any claim for settlement.
- Make sure the claims adjuster at your insurance company receives all the necessary documents and follow up with them within a week.
- If the insurance company gets back with an offer, take some time to assess it and discuss it with your legal counsel. If the offer is too low your legal representative may consider taking the case to trial.
Injuries can take a toll on your finances and personal life as well and when they are caused by someone else’s sheer negligence you ought to protect your rights. To help make the most of your claim USAttorneys.com has the best personal injury lawyers in DC who are just a call away. Use the interactive map on this site to find them. It is not hard! Just type in your location and these sparkling legal professionals will appear on your screen. You can call one or several, pertaining to your predilection.
If you have any issues in this process use our contact form or online chat option to reach out to us. We will get back to you shortly.
Calling up one our legal pros is vital. The first meeting is free. They only take a percentage of the final settlement or verdict so in essence you never have to write them a check. It is time to make this situation right!